Saturday, March 10, 2012

Donate Blood - Spread Humanity and Love

After moving from Delhi in April 2011, I did not get time at Nangal to voluntarily donate blood after every three months. Every time some or the other excuse had put this noble cause on back seat. My pledge to donate blood every quarter was not adhered. It stayed in mind for last 10 months as burden on me and felt guilty many a times.

March 09, 2012 was the day when I suddenly decided in office to complete this long pending task, so I rushed to Government Hospital in Una (Himachal Pradesh). Blood Bank staff was sitting idol and my entry made them little active.

It has been my experience that every time I say that I want to voluntarily donate blood, staffs reacts as if they have not yet come across any voluntary blood donor.

It took me hardly 10 minutes to complete the formalities of donating blood. My fear of injections always haunt me and nurse who injected the needle ensured that it reaches deeper than I had ever experienced. It was little painful but the feeling of donating blood to save a life without any self interest was above all.

It was so relieving to come back to routine of blood donation as if I have completed my toughest examinations of my studies.

The idea of organizing a blood donation camp cropped in my mind and just imagined that it will be such a great cause if I am able to encourage few youngsters to contribute to this noble cause. This chain can spread such a beautiful message and we can save so many lives. Every single life deserves to live happily in this world. What can be more soothing and satisfying than to save a life who need help ?

It was my 5th unit of Blood donation and till the time I stay fit and healthy I will continue to increase this number every quarter.

The need of the hour is to encourage as many people as possible as demand of blood in India is always significantly higher than supply. Young India, please come forward and spread humanity far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

free counters